Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/engine/classes/templates.class.php on line 68 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/engine/classes/templates.class.php on line 72 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/engine/classes/templates.class.php on line 68 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/engine/modules/show.short.php on line 164 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/engine/modules/show.short.php on line 164 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/engine/modules/show.short.php on line 164 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/engine/modules/show.short.php on line 164 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/engine/modules/show.short.php on line 164 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/engine/modules/show.short.php on line 164 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/engine/classes/templates.class.php on line 60 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/engine/classes/templates.class.php on line 64 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/engine/classes/templates.class.php on line 72 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/engine/classes/templates.class.php on line 77 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/index.php on line 110 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/index.php on line 114 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/loa/data/www/landofancestors.com/engine/classes/templates.class.php on line 268 Sightseeings » page 2 » Land Of Ancestors - Belarus
Feedback
  • pic1
  • pic2
  • pic3
  • pic4
  • pic5
  • pic6
  • pic7

Puslovsky Сastle in Kossava

Author: Lida added 16-12-2012, 07:37
Puslovsky Сastle in KossavaPuslovsky Castle is situated two kilometers north of the small town Kossava, Ivatsevichy District, Brest region.

The governor Casimir Puslovsky initiated the construction of the castle and in 1838, the Warsaw architect Frantisek Yascholda began construction next to the estates of Tadeusz Kosciuszko. Binding to this area was quite deliberate: Puslovsky was very proud of this neighborhood. In those times project stone castle was original. Even now it is difficult to find an analogue in the Polish and Belarusian architecture.

Saint Sophia Cathedral in Polotsk

Author: Lida added 2-12-2012, 06:31
Saint Sophia Cathedral in PolotskSaint Sophia Cathedral in Polotsk is probably the oldest church in Belarus. It was built between 1044 and 1066 by Prince Usiaslau - the Wizard.

The Cathedral stands at the confluence of the Polota and Western Dvina Rivers on the eastern side of the city.

The cathedral was built as a symbol of equality with the second Rome - Constantinople. Like in Kyiv and Novgorod where there were also temples in honour of St Sofia, the Saint Sophia Cathedral in Polotsk was intended to be a testimony to the power and independence of the Principality of Polotsk.

The church of the Birth of the Virgin in Muravanka

Author: Lida added 19-11-2012, 22:25
The church of the Birth of the Virgin in MuravankaThe church of the Birth of the Virgin in Muravanka is one of the most beautiful and famous churches in Belarus. It is situated in Shchuchin area, Grodno region, Belarus.

In different sources we can meet different names for the church, which is confusing. For example, Malomozheyka’s fortified church or The church of the Birth of the Virgin in Muravanka. In fact, the one and the other - they are one and the same building, which can be considered one of the most interesting and ancient architectural structures in Belarus. That building is still used for its original purpose, as a church.

Ruzhany Palace

Author: Lida added 18-11-2012, 04:05
Ruzhany PalaceRuzhany Palace is situated in the small town Ruzhany (Pruzhany area, Brest region, Belarus).

The palace was built in 1602 by Great Lithuanian Chancellor Lew Sapieha. The architecture and the time when the building started are unknown.

In 1700 Sapieha’s residence was destroyed and rebuilt in neoclassical style. The architect was Jan Samuel Becker from Saxony. During this time appeared an extensive library, conservatory and theater in the palace. The English park was created around.

Mir Castle Complex

Author: Lida added 13-11-2012, 23:13
Mir Castle ComplexThe Mir Castle Complex is a UNESCO World Heritage site in Belarus located in the town of Mir in the Karelichy District of Hrodna region, 29 km to the north-west from another World Heritage site, Niasvizh Castle.

The castle was built in the late 15th or early 16th century (the first reference to it dates from 1531) by the Ilyinichi family. The initial work consisted of building the walls and towers in Gothic style, but work came to an end for some unknown reason. Building had been completed by the beginning of the 17th century with the...

Belarusian Notre Dame

Author: Lida added 8-09-2012, 23:08
Belarusian Notre Dame
Gervyaty village is 24 km north-east of the Ostrowiec, on the road Varniany - Zhodishki. Few people know that Belarusian Notre Dame, the Church of the Holy Trinity, is here. The building, the age of which is just over a hundred years, is one of the tallest churches in Belarus.

Назад Вперед
Наверх